* The content below may change without notice.
How DMC collects data about you
- When you browse our website, www.dmccoltd.com, we collect data about your visit which is to be analyzed by "Google Analytics".
- When you make user registration, we collect the information you enter for user registration.
- When you access driver download pages, we record which driver you downloaded from our website and when.
- When you send inquiry to us through the inquiry form in our website, we collect the information you enter into the inquiry form.
What data DMC collects about you, and why
DMC collects data about how you interact with DMC’s website.
When you visit our website, www.dmccoltd.com or its subsidiary pages, we use several methods such as cookies and server logs to collect such information as which pages you visit and when, and duration of your stay on the page, and so on. We also collect technical information about you such as your IP address, web browser software you use and its language the kind of computer you use, and the website that referred you.
We collect these data of how you interact with our website and use them for improving user experience of our website.
We usually delete server logs with identifiable information within a few weeks, but may keep them longer in a specific case, such as needed for investigation of specific incidents. We keep aggregate statistics data without limitation as these data are not identifiable to personal information.
DMC collects user information provided at user registration
Some information and services provided in our website require you to make user registration. For example, you can download our touch driver and other software application only after you completed user registration and logged in with your registered e-mail address.
User registration requires personal information such as your name, company name, address and phone/fax numbers of your company, e-mail address. The registration also asks your preference to whether you wish to receive update information from us or not in the future. We also record software download history of each registered user.
We use the collected information for the following purposes
We keep registered information unless the users request us to delete it. You may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for the request of deletion. Once the registered information is deleted, you cannot login for downloading application software from our website, and cannot receive software update notification. You can make user registration again anytime in order to restore the services available to the registered users.
- To identify which application software the customers use helps us to provide appropriate technical support for the software.
- To know whether customers wish to receive update information of their downloaded application software in the future.
- To distribute update information of their downloaded software if the customers wish to receive them.
- E-mail addresses are used as your login ID.
- To use the data about which software applications the users get interested in and downloaded in for marketing purpose.
DMC collects data when you send an inquiry to us through our website
When you send inquiry to us though our website, we require you to fill an inquiry form. The inquiry form requires your name, company name, address, phone and fax numbers, contact e-mail address, your company’s website address, your type of business, current business relation with DMC, what kind products you are interested, and estimated annual quantity of your project.
We record the information you enter into the inquiry form. We use the information for the following purposes.
We keep information of inquiry form as long as the data is useful for the purpose above.
- When responding to your inquiry, we reply to either e-mail address or phone number you entered into the inquiry form.
- To know your profiles, including your type of business, project information and products you are interested in, helps us to provide appropriate answer and support to your inquiry.
- We use location information of your company to decide the person to reply to your inquiry because we have different persons in charge according to locations.
- We also use the collected information of inquiry form to do aggregate analysis for marketing purpose.
Where DMC keeps data about you
We store data about how you interact with our website, user registry information, information entered into inquiry form on servers in Japan.
How DMC changes or deletes data about you
You can e-mail us to request modify or delete the information of your user registration. The e-mail address for such request is email@example.com Once the registered information is deleted, you cannot login for downloading application software from our website, nor cannot receive software update notification anymore. You can make user registration again anytime in order to restore the services available to the registered users.
DMC may share data about you with others
We do not sell the collected information to others, but we may share information of inquiry form with our group companies if we need their help for replying to your inquiry.